What is mica and why should i use it?
- MICA is a FREE tool provided by the state that will serve as the delivery system for TNReady item samplers that are aligned to TN Academic Standards. (Virtual "TCAP Practice Book") Practice-Exposure-Practice-Exposure
- Teachers can use the questions found here to create practice student assessments – formative assessments over specific standards they have taught.
- This will be open ALL YEAR for teachers to use as a tool for instruction.
- They can also use this tool to bring up TNReady like questions, aligned to TNReady standards, and work through them together as a class.
- MICA is the best resource we have on what actual TNReady questions should look like outside of the state practice assessment.
Teachers will see several changes to the MICA platform since the beginning of the year.
- Students are now loaded into the program and can take assessments.
- There are now 50-70 questions for each grade level in both ELA and Math.
- There is also a new "Advanced Search" feature that makes finding items easier.
Ways to use mica in the classroom
I don't have a Mica Login!?!?!?!?
Click image below to go to Mica site
- Students will use the same web address as teachers: www.micatime.com.
- Student Username/Passwords for MICA can be found in your "Roster" section. From that section, you can click on "Printable View" and print out log in tickets for each student. Please note: their password is NOT the same as their computer password and is case sensitive!
- Once they are logged in, they can see all assigned assessments under the "To Do" section of their screen.
Important tips to remember when filtering questions:
- Math--you can sort for questions that do/do not use a calculator.
- ELA--you can sort passages by Lexile, word count, etc. If you find a passage you like, you can click on the ellipses (...) to see all questions associated with that passage.